Nunavut Newbie v.2.0: Iqaluit Newbie

A journal that will hopefully help out anyone who is thinking about moving to Nunavut or anywhere in Northern Canada.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunshine and Insomnia-Induced Entries

Ah, there's nothing quite like being completely wide-awake at 4am because you haven't gone to bed yet because your body is confused by the lack of a schedule and the excess amount of light coming in through the windows.

I think it's even more confusing for the body when you watch the sun set and then rise again a few hours later and you're still sitting on the couch.

It's getting light here somewhere after 3am and isn't getting dark until nearly 11pm.

One more reason to look forward to vacation! It's only 4 days away now. I feel like I have a bunch of loose ends to tie up before leaving, but other than packing and preparing the cat's stuff for a sitter, I can't think of anything. It's a frustrating feeling. I feel like I'm going to get on the plane and remember all the errands I needed to run.

Let's see...I've been awake for 17 hours now, and in another 18.5 hours, the sun will set again. Hopefully I can fall asleep before then...eek!

(posted by Jaime)

Labels: