Nunavut Newbie v.2.0: Iqaluit Newbie

A journal that will hopefully help out anyone who is thinking about moving to Nunavut or anywhere in Northern Canada.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Blah blah blah

I'm a terrible blogger, but I'm zen with it!

Summer, although not officially over, is definitely over in Rankin. It has snowed a few times and there is frost on the ground in the morning. I'm grumbling about the idea of having to pull the parka out of the closet again. I was really getting used to the idea of just wearing spring jackets.

We had an excellent summer, one that will surely be hard to top. Buying an ATV is definitely one of the better choices we've ever made.

I am considering the idea of going to Yellowknife for a few days in November. Jeff needs to go for work and I really want to see Yellowknife (and trees and Wal-Mart, heh). When we're finally done living in Nunavut, I would really like to buy a house in NWT or Yukon. I love the north, but I'd like to live where I can actually go for drives, have fast food, and go to movie theatres. That said, we're still relatively glad to be here. I'm not going to write about it here, but we've been going through a pretty awful experience which has caused us to seriously consider leaving, but we've decided to stay. Although it's been a generally unfair experience, we've learned lessons we probably wouldn't have otherwise learned.

Anyway. Other than that, not much else is new. I was off sick from work for 2 weeks due to some kind of strange skin condition. Between that and recent going ons, we haven't been out on the land lately. There are photos from the last time we took the ATV out on our Flickr (link on the right bar).

Be sure to check out A Journey Northwards. Jackie is moving to Rankin in a few weeks. We've been chatting on Facebook and I'm looking forward to meeting her. :)

(posted by Jaime)

Labels: , , ,