Nunavut Newbie v.2.0: Iqaluit Newbie

A journal that will hopefully help out anyone who is thinking about moving to Nunavut or anywhere in Northern Canada.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lessons Learned

Well, my dear readership, I never claimed to be a smart person.

I recently moved again (within Iqaluit, long story) to yet another place that isn't "mine." So anyway, I plugged my car in at this new place. Normally, at the old place, the car would still struggle to start despite being plugged in. I moved to a colder area of town and Monday morning, the vehicle starts no problem. It was fairly cold outside, so I was confused. Why did it start so easily? I thought about it on and off during the day, and realized at some point that the outlet at the old place was probably never turned on at the panel! Duh! As stupid as I felt, it came as a relief because it had bothered me before that plugging it in didn't always work. Now I know it was just the outlet. I hope I didn't do any damage to my Suzuki.

Among other recent lessons learned, I learned that moving in -40C is not fun, not fun at all. But that's whole other story.

Well, I'm off to get ready for wing night, one of the perks of living in Iqaluit. Wings and beer and good friends...Wednesday nights don't get any better!