Nunavut Newbie v.2.0: Iqaluit Newbie

A journal that will hopefully help out anyone who is thinking about moving to Nunavut or anywhere in Northern Canada.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Vacation Pretend Scrapbook

Well, it's one week until I leave on holidays for a few weeks. What does this mean? It means I'm literally unable to form a thought that doesn't revolve around vacation. I feel myself becoming more useless in social situations. The only thing circulating through my head is, "Arby's, McDonalds, Wendy's, Starbucks, Timbits, malls, pavement, trees, American Eagle in person!, flights, layovers, family, home-cooked meals by Mom, beaches, cake, Sunripe, Lake Huron, Canatara Park..." and really, I could go on for a long time.

It's also the only time I allow myself to get frustrated and annoyed with the north. Right now I've nearly reached the end of my rope when it comes to potholes and slow drivers.

In general, I love the north and I'm glad it's different from the south. But right now, what I wouldn't give to go to McDonalds at 1am and then take a stroll through a 24-hour Shopper's Drug Mart. I'm not like this any other time except for when I know it's coming very soon. And really, isn't that the best way to be? I rarely think about the south between holidays, it's only the week before that I become antsy to leave.

I'm surprisingly less stressed out this time around. Last August as I was preparing to leave, it felt like there was so much to do. Now I think I'll be able to get away with some light cleaning and packing my clothes.

And because I'm literally unable to think of anything except vacation, here is a pretend scrapbook of photos I may possibly take during the next few weeks:


But of course. First meal for sure.


My journey then brings me to Edmonton.


And the famous mall.


Oh yes, god love the mall.


Mom and Dad, I'm totally kidding. (Only I'm not, but I hope they believe in reverse psychology.)


Canoeing in this park anyone?


Then two weeks of beautiful Lake Huron.


And many a peaceful drive.

I likely won't be updating until I get back, so the fake pictures will have to do for now. See ya, suckers!

Labels: , ,