Nunavut Newbie v.2.0: Iqaluit Newbie

A journal that will hopefully help out anyone who is thinking about moving to Nunavut or anywhere in Northern Canada.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

God Bless This Mess

Please excuse the mess of a layout this blog is sure to be until I figure out how to get my old template back.

It seems I had no choice but to upgrade my account or something or other. It really annoys me when websites force you to change; I find it usually just makes things more complicated. However, I was no longer able to leave comments on newer blogs which is frustrating. Amanda, I've left you tons of comments that seem to go unposted by crappy Blogger. Jordan & Steph, thanks so much for the kind words, I appreciate it. I'll leave a more detailed comment on your blog when I get this muck sorted out.

In the meantime, I offer you this funny story about ravens building nests on the CBC building in Aklavik, NWT. Gave me a good laugh today. I particularly enjoyed the line about the penthouse suite.

Well it's 10pm and the sun is shining. Better get cracking on fixing this template.

EDIT:
Well I figured out the commenting problem. Turns out it had nothing to do with my classic layout, it was Firefox. ARGH. Wish I'd known that before I changed it. I've got it back mostly to how it was, but it's just not the same. I had that template for 3 years with no intention of changing it. Ugh, technology!

EDIT AGAIN:
Reverted back AND I can comment. Now there was a solid 2 hours wasted! It's time to get some sleep. Lesson of the day: Firefox for Mac sucks. Looks like I'm stuck with Safari if I want to comment on newer blogs. Anyone else have problems? Basically my Firefox forgets I'm signed in when I'm on blogs. The dashboard is fine, it's just blogs. So when I go to leave a comment and select my profile, I can't access anything. Oi...okay seriously, sleep now.

Labels: