Nunavut Newbie v.2.0: Iqaluit Newbie

A journal that will hopefully help out anyone who is thinking about moving to Nunavut or anywhere in Northern Canada.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Procrastination Station (About Vacation)

I thought while I sit here and procrastinate doing productive things like working, eating (has it really been 36 hours since I last ate? oops), and cleaning, I figured I'd write an entry to tide you over for the next while.

In 9 short days, I depart on a fun-filled, busy vacation. Last summer when I went to Alberta, I posted a "pretend scrapbook of future memories." Here's what's in store in the upcoming month:


A dream come true. Amazingly, this vacation is going to be so good, this isn't even going to be the best part.


Very excited about this. Growing up so close, it's kinda lame I've never been.


I'll be celebrating 2 birthdays during May, one of which being my 24th. No, I am not turning 28, contrary to popular belief (what's up with people always thinking I'm 27?). Funny story actually, last year nobody had any idea how old I turned, not even my own mother. I got every age between 22 and 27 at least once. ATTENTION WORLD: I AM TURNING 24 THIS YEAR.


Replace the words "Jungle Jim's" with Frankenmuth. Also pumped about this, should be fun. This is going to be a big day, I'll be meeting a lot of important people.


SO VERY EXCITED about this part. I can't even believe all of this isn't the best part yet.


I can't seem to escape this place when I go on holidays. Why must everybody I know live here? That's okay, I actually don't mind it so much anymore.


This is probably the 3rd best part about my upcoming holidays. I'm going to be spending a lot of time here, which I am thrilled about. 10 points* to anyone who knows where this is! *Points not redeemable anywhere on planet Earth.


2nd best part of holidays (the gentleman in the green, NOT the cold weather).

So what's the #1 part of my holidays? I'm not giving it up that easily! You'll have to wait and find out.

P.S. Some of you may know (or think you know- Kara, I'm looking at you, haha!!) what my next post is going to be about so please don't give it up. I'm trying to create some momentum here, eh?

Labels: