Nunavut Newbie v.2.0: Iqaluit Newbie

A journal that will hopefully help out anyone who is thinking about moving to Nunavut or anywhere in Northern Canada.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Life is Still Good

Well, I've had a good day so far.

This morning I had my test in Northern/Aboriginal/Native/Inuit Issues (heh, it never really had an official name). After lunch I came back to class and found out I got 100% on my math exam (the class I took before this one) and 93% overall. I'm very pleased with that! When my instructor showed me my exam mark, my immediate reaction was, "No! You must have marked it wrong! No way!"

For this afternoon, a bunch of country food was brought in and we had a little party. I'm supposed to be getting a photo of the spread we ate so I can post it here. I tried almost all of the food. There was mostly char prepared different ways so I tried all of that, plus some caribou meat too. I never got around to getting some muktuk which I'm a bit sad about. I wanted my vitamin C for the day. I can still taste the char in my mouth...mmm. People were warning me that my stomach was probably going to feel weird later today but so far so good.

We also played a few games and listened to a few people talk. It was a good afternoon. Although it's been a long two weeks, I'm a bit sad it's over. Apparently come February we'll be taking an Inuit (or Aboriginal?) History class which I am definitely looking forward to. It'll be a nice change from all the business stuff we'll have taken up to that point. Next week I start Management Communications...I wonder what it'll be like.

Tomorrow I'll be helping with a flea market. Our student council got a table so I have to find some stuff tonight we can sell. I wonder how much money I can fetch for Jeff? Heh heh...just kidding.

(posted by Jaime)

Labels: