Nunavut Newbie v.2.0: Iqaluit Newbie

A journal that will hopefully help out anyone who is thinking about moving to Nunavut or anywhere in Northern Canada.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Truth and Random Canines

Well everybody, it's time we told you all the truth:

We didn't really move to Nunavut. We moved to Saudi Arabia. The proof is in this photo of our weather monitor, seen here showing you the temperatures -- in Celsius -- of the weather inside and outside:



Okay okay, so we didn't really move to Saudi Arabia, but maybe our weather monitor wants to. Maybe it was daydreaming at this moment, wondering what the heck it got itself into when it let itself get purchased by us back in London. Honestly, I have no idea why it thought it was so freaking hot. The sun does shine on it and make a difference sometimes, but never anything like this, and not anymore now that the weather has cooled down.

Admittedly, I get a huge kick out of this. So many jokes can be made from this weather monitor reading (the "max" means these temperatures are the hottest temperatures the monitor has ever recorded; it happened a week or two ago). The best is perhaps, "Hell really HAS frozen over!" Maybe a better photo would have been me holding the monitor while outside in my parka amongst the snow.

On a completely unrelated note...does anybody know what the heck this thing is that Jeff found lingering around the oil tanks?




Is it a dog or something else?

On one last, unrelated note: the Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition, Bill Graham may be in to talk to our class tomorrow (and if not him, his assistant or something). He's in Rankin right this very moment. I'm looking forward to it; I've never seen or met anyone remotely important in our government before. An MPP used to live across the street from me in Ontario and that's about as personal with our government as I've ever gotten.

Our cookie selling was cancelled tonight, too. I guess I'll have to wait for another night to get winter-dressed-up for real. Ah well, maybe my boots will be here by the time it's rescheduled. I wasn't looking forward to the -5C + snow wearing only sneakers.


(posted by Jaime)

Labels: , , ,