Nunavut Newbie v.2.0: Iqaluit Newbie

A journal that will hopefully help out anyone who is thinking about moving to Nunavut or anywhere in Northern Canada.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Home Alone in the Sub-arctic

Well, Jeff is gone for Yellowknife until Wednesday so I'm here alone until then.
I can't imagine how I'm going to spend my time alone here. Anyone is free to come visit me! Ha ha ha...I slay me. Of course, you're not really free per se to come visit because the cheapest it would be for probably any of our readers is around $900.

I just came back from applying to the college. I was starting to get even more frustrated because I called to see if anyone was there in the guise of wanting to know when the program started. The girl that answered my question sounded like I just wrecked her day. That is definitely one of my biggest pet peeves. It's not that hard to sound friendly. I should know; my last job was technical support for an Internet company. I know how annoying customer service is, but it's not hard. End of story.

Anyway, I embarrassed myself a little bit at the college because I was outside knocking on the door and ringing the bell because I could not get the door open. I didn't remember it being so difficult the last time, so I kept knocking until someone came and told me the door was open all along. The man who took my application looked it over and then told me his grandparents used to live in Sarnia (Ontario; which is where Jeff and I are from). I thought it was a weird coincidence. I expect people up here to be from BC and Alberta and whatnot...not from our dinky little town in Ontario.

So now all my errands are done and the only possible thing left to do is housework and I don't have the proper equipment yet for such duties. What a great excuse, too bad it'll only work until the movers bring our stuff.

If you have any suggestions on what I can do until Wednesday night, by all means, tell me! I've had about as much as CBC Radio as I can handle and I don't own any computer games.

(posted by Jaime)

Labels: ,